Well, I am keeping up with the challenge of writing 100 words a day for 100 days. While I am editing, I’m not writing as many words as required. I’m also not writing every day. As of this post, I am still AVERAGING 100 words/day, so I’m putting that down as an accomplishment in my book. (My book of accomplishments, not my novel.)
Another accomplishment I have achieved: a poem of mine has garnered enough interest that I have been PAID for it. Wait, what? Yes, PAID. It has been a real long time since a single poem of mine has earned money… I cannot believe it!
Now, if I can just stick through this editing mess and keep putting one foot in front of the other long enough to get this book PUBLISHED. Finding an editor has been a struggle that I have yet to overcome. Finding someone with just the right talents at just the right price with the availability with their timeline is proving to be more difficult than I imagined when I set out on this journey. I didn’t think I was that picky or that cheap! But, for my book of accomplishments, I’m adding “learned something new about myself this week” as one of my entries. Celebrating the small wins, no matter how small!